Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What Has The Richest Man in the US Travel 3000 Miles to Say 300 Words

3000 Miles, to Speak for 3 Minutes and Say 300 Words!

What would possess the richest man in the US, Bill Gates, to do that?

This is what he said, "This week, I am heading from Seattle to New York to speak for 180 seconds. I will be talking at a United Nations meeting about the fight to eradicate polio. I am very passionate on the subject, and I usually prefer to discuss it for hours at a time. In this case, however, I am happy to stop at three minutes. Because the reason my time is short is that so many people are committed to eradication we can barely all squeeze into the program. More..."

And, as another expression of the possibility he sees for the end of polio, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are sponsors of GlobalCitizen.org, the Global Citizen Festival and The Global Poverty Project who organized the Festival Concert.

This is an exquisite example of possibility in action.


No comments: